Churches for Middle East Peace is the only ecumenical peacemaking organization concentrating on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that engages in directly advocacy and education with the U.S. Congress. The CMEP board and staff communicate with Senate and House offices on a regular basis to further the policy positions of the CMEP coalition, particularly a two-state solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict, where Israel and Palestine live side-by-side within secure and recognized borders. CMEP's Washington office works together with church leaders, clergy and advocates around the country to amplify our message of support for constructive U.S. policies conducive to Middle East peace.
Here you can find information on all of CMEP's advocacy action. Select a topic area at the right to begin.
Most Recent Statements
- CMEP condemned the kidnapping of two Orthodox bishops in Syria and called for their immediate release on April 26, 2013. Click here to read the statement.
- CMEP issued a statement on November 15, 2012 condemning the renewed violence in Gaza and southern Israel and demanding an immediate return to peace talks. Click here to read the statement.
- CMEP issued a statement on September 21, 2011 regarding the Palestinian initiative at the United Nations. Click here to read the statement.
- CMEP issued a statement on February 18, 2011 in response to the U.S. veto of a UN Security Council resolution condemning continued Israeli settlement activity in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Click here to read the statement.
- CMEP issued a statement on February 2, 2011 calling on the U.S. not to block consideration of a proposed UN Security Council resolution on the Middle East. This was sent to several Obama Administration officials. Click here to view full statement.
Recent Network Messages
- [National Briefing] Tomorrow! Gaza with Khalid Elgindy
- [CMEP Bulletin] Gaza Conflict Escalates
- [National Briefing Tomorrow] "The Power of Your Attention" with Suhad Babaa of Just Vision
- [CMEP Bulletin] Gaza Under Fire
- [National Briefing July 15] "The Power of Your Attention" with Suhad Babaa of Just Vision