Sincere motivation and reliable information about the situation abroad, the political situation in the US as well as our own theologies is essential to being effective advocated for positive U.S. engagement in the formation and implementation of a just resolution for Israelis and Palestinians.
Prayer and advocacy concerning peacemaking in the Holy Land is born from our faith in Jesus Christ. As Christians from across the theological spectrum we share a common passion and call given to us by God; lived, died and resurrected for us in Jesus, and; strengthened and guided by the Holy Spirit.
To help us in this work of faith CMEP has created and gathered a variety of spiritual, worship and educational resources for individual and communal use to help engage your congregation in learning and reflection that leads to engagement and acting upon our Christian calling to be peacemakers.
As an ecumenical group we have ideas and resources from many Christian traditions as well as ecumenical resources. As the work being done primarily affects many Jews and Muslims we also have included some inter- and multi-faith resources.
You may freely reproduce and circulate any CMEP resources. Feedback about these resources is always appreciated and helps shape future publications. Comments and suggestions for additional resources may be sent to info(at)cmep.org.
The ACT Palestine Forum also maintains a list of liturgical, worship and other resoruces useful to congregations and their members.
- Advent/Christmas 2013: God is with Us
- Easter/Lent 2013: "Bless the LORD, O my soul."
- Advent/Christmas 2012: Daily Reflections
- Lent/Easter 2012: Running with Perseverance
- Advent/Christmas 2011: Peace, Love, Justice, Hope & Joy
- Lent/Easter 2011: Reflecting on and Praying for Peace
- Advent/Christmas 2010: Prince of Peace
- Advent/Christmas 2009
- Advent/Christmas 2008: Peace in the Holy Land
- Life in the Middle East ongoing reflections by Cindy and Daryl Cindy Byler, Representatives for Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) in Iraq, Iran, Jordan and Palestine
- Prayer for Peace Negoiations (June 28, 2013)
- Remembering 911, Praying for Peace (September 11, 2011)
- A Jerusalem Prayer from the Heads of Churches in Jerusalem for the World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel
- Jerusalem Prayer Inserts
- Two Peoples a prayer in three parts
- Prayers for Peace in the Middle East from the National Interreligious Leadership Initiative For Peace in the Middle East
- Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem by Churches for Middle East Peace
Liturgies/Worship Service Materials
- A Gift to the Church: An Advent Litany (December 2011)
- Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
- A Litany for Peace To Support those Engaged in the Peace Talks (in the Episcopal tradition)
- Material for an entire service with many helpful suggestions (Mennonite Central Committee U.S.)
- Interfaith (Jewish, Christian and Muslim) Service (Villages UCC) (photo at right)
- Have a worship service with the theme of Middle East Peace or Peace in the Holy Land by having the theme incorporated in the sermon, prayers and music, among any other elements, of the service
- Raise prayers for the people of the Holy Land during the prayers of the people
- Infuse your social hour with Middle East foods such as hummus, falaffel or olives and have small signs that remind people to pray for peace for all the people of the Middle East
- Christians in the Holy Land, Religion and Ethics Newsweekly (July 29, 2011)
- Graphic: The Lord's Prayer in Arabic calligraphy
- Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI) Eyewitness Reports, an ongoing blog from Ecumenical Accompaniers
- Life Under Occupation: An Introduction to the Situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (Alternative Tourism Group and the YMCA-YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative)
- Rotating vigil on a perpetual calendar
- Palestine Israeli Ecumenical Forum
- [CMEP Bulletin] Debate over Law to Define Israel as Jewish State
- [CMEP Bulletin] Synagogue Attacked as Violence Intensifies
- [CMEP Bulletin] Lack of Clean Water in Gaza Reduces Quality of Life
- [National Briefing] Hear B'Tselem's Anat Saragusti Nov. 19th
- [CMEP Bulletin] As Jerusalem Clashes Intensify, Politicians Discuss Status Quo