Do you support peace...then do peace!
As a Christian, concerned citizen and supporter of Churches for Middle East Peace (CMEP), we know that this ongoing crisis and the low level of U.S. government response to the suffering of the people of Gaza are unacceptable to you.
But what to do?
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and its devestating repercussions, will not go away or get better on its own. The United States must play a key role in bringing about peace--and that's where you come in. During the 114th session of Congress, CMEP urges you to tell your Members of Congress to:
- Help relieve the suffering of Gazans by supporting the Al Ahli Hospital’s and other medical organization’s efforts to get needed medical equipment and supplies through the Israeli checkpoints and into the hands of medical professionals
- Oppose efforts to punish Palestinian civilians by cutting or unduly restricting funding for humanitarian relief and other crucial support to the Palestinian people
- Support USAID’s requests to provide for urgent humanitarian needs in Gaza and the West Bank
- Encourage Israeli and Palestinian leaders not to give up on the peace process, and the hope of real peace.
Desperation in Gaza is not good for Palestinians, for Israelis’ security, or regional stability.
And help others raise their voices too...go offline at coffee hour!
This Easter Season marks the official re-launch of CMEP’s Banner Campaign! This campaign encourages houses of worship nation-wide to publicly proclaim their support for peace and justice for Palestinians and Israelis. With Easter signifying a time for new beginnings and hope, what better time could there be to start participating?
Check out go.cmep.org/wesupportpeace for more information about the campaign and how you can get involved today!
- [CMEP Bulletin] UN Issues Report on Gaza War; Israel Calls It Biased
- [National Event] "1913: Seeds of Conflict" June 30 PBS Broadcast
- [CMEP Bulletin] Former Israeli Ambassador Criticizes Obama
- [CMEP Bulletin] A Call for Peace Negotiations – But Qualified
- [Action] Stand for Palestinian Children; Urge Your MoC to Sign Letter